Victorian Gardens Tours
Activities ( Guided Tours ) | Friends, Eco Friendly, Family
Recommended by Portland Garden Time TV program as #1 local tour guide!
Welcome To Victorian Gardens Tours
Victorian Gardens Tours in British Columbia is the perfect tour for gardeners or anyone who shares our passion for plants, flowers, bushes and more. Allow us to give you a wonderful tour through gorgeous gardens and historic estates here in Victoria.
Since 1996 our enthusiastic and friendly staff have been delivering quality tours. We also offered tailor tours to fit your schedule and interests! The gardens here are included in a Timber Press newly published book on plant combinations called Gardening With Foliage First by Karen Chapman and Christina Salwitz (Available On Amazon) Click here to purchase!
Why We Highly Recommend Victorian Gardens Tours:
The friendly and informative guide, a stunning variety of plants and flowers, and expertly planned, season-appropriate tours are only some of the reason that flora-enthusiasts choose Victorian Garden Tours when visiting Victoria, for an unforgettable experience. Visitors will spend hours marveling at the beauty of the absolutely breathtaking flowers, shrubbery, and decorative natural designs. This picturesque site is highly recommended for leisurely strolling and has plenty of photo opportunities. Ranked "Excellent" on TripAdvisor, Victorian Gardens Tours is truly outstanding.
About Victorian Garden Tours
Victoria is truly the ‘City of Gardens’. We invite you to join us in visiting some of the unique private gardens that have been developed by local gardeners. With Victoria’s mild climate, gardening is a year-round passion which has resulted in an abundant array of gardens world renowned for their beauty and individual charm. Victorian Garden Tours specializes in:
- Guided & Narrated tours of public and private gardens
- Customized tours for groups of all sizes.
- Special group packages available
*Please Note: to avoid disappointment, advance notice required
Our unique personalized tours will introduce you to gardens both creative & colorful, so bring your camera, and comfortable shoes. Visitors who have enjoyed our tours have ranged from non-gardeners to those who are novice home gardeners to those who are leading horticulturists. Enjoy a few hours or the entire day seeing the best gardens Victoria has to offer.
Victorian Gardens History
Joan Looy, of Victorian Garden Tours, taught at and headed a Victoria Community College department for over twenty years. She then decided to follow her passion for gardening by offering garden tours featuring wonderful private gardens that were only rarely available to visiting garden enthusiasts. Having grown up in the Victoria area, she is also eager to share local history and provide interpretive tours of lesser-known historic public gardens. Take advantage of Joan’s infectious enthusiasm for gardening, her thorough knowledge of gardening trends, and her extensive gardening experience.
If Joan is not available to guide your tour, she will ensure another Victoria gardener, also knowledgeable of local history, will show Victoria’s gardens to their best effect. We hope you’ll join us on one of our tours. If you do, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- You will view gardens at their “peak” because we know each garden
- You can take advantage of our intimate local garden knowledge by getting specific and general information on each garden
- Enjoy exclusive access to private gardens not available to the public
- Discover current garden trends from our knowledgable guides
- Learn how local gardeners are using garden trends in their work
- You’ll be introduced to local gardening enthusiasts and experts
- Save time by having us design a custom tour tailored to your schedule and interests
Private Tours Feature The Following
- Vetted for the quality of design and maintenance
- Selected for year-round design and seasonal interest
- Designed, created and maintained primarily by owner
We Tour Gardens For All Seasons
- Late winter/early spring tours February through March
- Spring/summer tours April through September
- Fall tours October through mid-November
If you have any questions or are ready to reserve your spot be sure to connect with Victorian Gardens Tours directly. Their team is local and can best answer your inquiries, plus it gives you the opportunity to experience their service first-hand and before you arrive.