- Croatia, a mountainous and coastal Mediterranean country, is rich in various species of birds, many of which are rare and endangered in Europe.
- As Croatia straddles over the central and partially over the west European migration corridor, intense migrations, especially those of raptors, take place in most of the coastal regions in spring and in autumn.
- The Adriatic coast is also an important wintering area for many of species. The protected areas of the coast are of special interest, Nature Park Velebit, Nature Park Vransko Lake, National Park Paklenica, ornithological reserve Velo and Kolansko blato on the island of Pag, and the territory of the river Zrmanja, therefore we have chosen exactly these areas for our guided tour program
- Tours tailored to your exact needs and wants, regarding the length of a tour, number of participants and/or alternative Croatian birding destinations, are available by request. Savor the rare opportunity of spotting most of the rare Mediterranean species on a small area, in the attractive and wild surroundings of the Adriatic coast, on a birdwatching tour during 7 days in Croatian National and Nature Parks. Reasons to bird in Croatia are, amongst others are Rock Partridge, Eleonora's Falcon, Griffon Vulture, Sombre Tit, Black-headed Bunting, Olive-tree Warbler, Short-toed Eagle...
Val Tours Travel Agency
Activities ( Guided Tours ) | Adventure
Own Your Adventure On The Croatian Adriatic Sea
DISCOVER CROATIA AND ITS MULTIFACETED BEAUTIES, FROM A DIFFERENT ANGLE
MAKE THAT LEAP, OWN YOUR ADVENTURE
WITH VAL TOURS TRAVEL AGENCY
Whether you're after an action packed full day of adventures or just a half day activity, we've something for everyone. We offer a wide range of outdoor activities on land, river or sea, for all ages and abilities. Everyone is welcome - no need for prior experience or to be a bag of nerves!
- Canoeing, kayaking, rafting
- Scuba diving
- Hiking, trekking, walking
- Croatia has a surprisingly varied range of landscapes for its size of 56.542 km2, but basically there are four main kinds of landscape - the lowlands, a chain of inland mountains, the coast, and the archipelago of more than 1000 islands in the Adriatic Sea.
- 8 National Parks and nearly a 10+ protected areas and Nature Parks, not to mention islands, rivers, mountains, rolling hills and placid seas, make Croatia a nature's lover and adventurer's delight
- Croatia's beautiful 5790 km of coastline is one of the most indented coastlines in the world
- Sea currents in the Adriatic are warm and run along the Croatian coast from south to north, and back down the Italian coast from north to south
- The change in tides is not extreme
- The Croatian coast of the Adriatic Sea is considered the cleanest sea in Europe.
- Summer temperatures vary from 22°C to 26°C in the continental part of the country, 15°C to 20°C in mountain regions and 26°C to 30°C in the coastal region.
- The summers are typically warm and sunny, and the sea and rivers are friendly, with temperatures comfortable for hiking, paddling, and swimming, from May to October
- The best period for cycling in Croatia is late spring (end of April till end of June) and early autumn (end of August till end October) - then it is not extremely hot, there is not too much traffic, and if you did not pre-book accommodation, you should still find it without much trouble, as it is outside of the main tourist season.
- The diving season in Croatia lasts from May through November.
- In the area of Biograd, in the mid Adriatic, visibility is more than 40m, with minimal tides of 0,5m, and the wave height from 0,5m to 1,5m, with mostly weak currents.
- CANOEING, KAYAKING, RAFTING - ASK NOW
- 5-7 days long trips
- locations include Dubrovnik, NP Plitvice Lakes, NP North Velebit, NP Paklenica, NP Krka River, rivers Mreznica, Krupa, Zrmanja and Cetina, area of Zadar where you can leave your mark - make a contribution to research and conservation of bottlenose dolphins
- Both total beginners and experienced adventurers can find something here according to their preferences, and often even on the same trip
- CYCLING - ASK NOW
- Find your trip here, whether looking for a peaceful cycling along country roads or opting for a more demanding mountain biking trip
- 3-7 days long tours
- Locations - the coast between Dubrovnik and Split, Dalmatian islands, the mountainous background of Biograd na moru and...
- SAILING - ASK NOW
- Learn to sail in Croatia - according to your experience and prior training, you may choose from a range of courses of various levels and skills, for absolute beginners as well as for experinced sailors wishing to improve themselves.
- Acquire a worldwide acknowledged RYI certificate
- SCUBA DIVING - ASK NOW
- Learn to dive in Biograd - SSI courses from beginner's to speciality level
- Discover underwater treasures on your diving holiday in Dalmatia - wrecks, caves, reefs, corals and different kind of fish, gorgonias or sponges
- All scuba gear is available to rent
- BIRDWATCHING - ASK NOW
Welcome To Val Tours Travel Agency
We are a travel agency from Biograd na Moru, Croatia, and besides accommodation in hotels, holiday resorts, apartments, waterfront accommodation, traditional stone houses, houses with pools and Robinson cottages, we offer you a range of activities and active holidays such as canoeing, kayaking, rafting, diving, sailing and birdwatching. Above all, we care about our environment, supporting eco-friendly holidays , ecologically acceptable forms of tourism and nature protection in its every form.