The Lion King On Broadway
"The Most Exciting, MOST Inventive, Most Moving Theatre That Has Ever Come To Broadway"
Welcome To The Lion King on Broadway
Experience the stunning visual artistry, the unforgettable music and the exhilarating choreography of this musical theater phenomenon—one of the most awe-inspiring productions ever brought to life on stage. A remarkable tale of hope and adventure, THE LION KING has found its way into the hearts of millions. As The New York Times says, “There is simply nothing else like it.”
Winner of six Tony Awards® including Best Musical, Disney’s THE LION KING showcases the talents of one of the most acclaimed creative teams on Broadway.
Tony Award-winning director Julie Taymor reimagines the popular story using some of the theater’s most extraordinary stagecraft. THE LION KING also features the exceptional work of Tony Award-winning choreographer Garth Fagan and a glorious score crafted by the Tony Award-winning songwriting team of Elton John and Tim Rice. Now is the time to join the circle of life at THE LION KING, The Award-Winning Best Musical, playing on Broadway eight times a week at the Minskoff Theatre.
Fun Facts About The Broadway Show!
- There are 6 indigenous African languages sung and spoken throughout the show: Swahili, Zulu, Xhosa, Sotho, Tswana, Congolese.
- It took 37,000 hours to create the pupets and masks for the show.
- Scar's mask weighs 9 ounces, and Mufasa's Mask weighs 11 ounces. Each mask is roughly the weight of a banana.
- The tallest animals in the show are the exotic giraffes in the song" I Just Can't Wait To Be King.
- There are more than 232 puppets in the show, including rod, shadow and full sized puppets.