Check out some of the sample itineraries that A&S Signature Journeys has created which can be customized to suit every need and desire. Explore and discover what Tanzania has to offer and call today to start planning your tailor-made dream vacation. For more information on this exotic destination, see below.
Let A&S Signature Journeys plan your customized vacation to Tanzania with the unique experience of private mobile camping in the Serengeti. Imagine camping under the star-filled African sky in your own private tent. Private, exclusive mobile camping in its purest form is widely recognized as providing the most authentic of safari experiences. Unlike staying in hotels and lodges, it enables you to blend in with and become part of the environment you wish to experience. Once you depart there is little, if any evidence of your visit aside from your cherished memories and the pictures which you take away with you to enjoy for many years to come.
Located in East Africa, Tanzania is bordered by Kenya and Uganda on the North; Rwanda, Burundi, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo on the West; Zambia, Malawi, and Mozambique on to the South. To the east it borders the Indian Ocean. Tanzania is Africa at its most wild and unexplored, a land of contrasts and majesty from the snow-capped peak of Mount Kilimanjaro to the sun-drenched beaches of Zanzibar, from the vast herds of game grazing on the Serengeti plains and the Ngorongoro Crater to the beautiful scenery and friendly welcome of its people. Its natural wealth offers something for everyone.
One of the unique features that differentiates A&S Signature Journeys from others is their customizable guided tours to Tanzania. With 35 years of experience and an extensive and intimate knowledge of the country, they develop tailor-made tours to meet specific needs and exceed expectations while combining it with competitive pricing. With an appreciation that these exotic destinations are a once in a lifetime experience, they go above and beyond to ensure you have the best possible and most rewarding experience in Tanzania.
A&S Signature Journeys has long-standing professional partnerships in Tanzania and a strong commitment to support cultural and habitat preservation. Throughout your tour you will be accompanied by qualified English-speaking professional guides that have an intimate knowledge of the destination. With these commitments, A&S Signature Journeys will provide you with an exceptional tour filled with once in a lifetime experiences.
The natural resources are plentiful - Mt. Kilimanjaro - Africa's highest mountain, Lake Tanganyika - Africa's deepest lake, Lake Victoria - the world's second largest lake and the source of the Nile. In addition Tanzania also prides itself with game parks of international fame including the Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti National Park, Lake Manyara, Tarangire and the less frequented Selous, Ruaha, Mikumi, Gombe and other parks where wildlife roam free in teeming numbers. About 1/4 of 938,000 sq. km of Tanzania has been reserved for game and national parks. Also within its border walked the earliest man on earth more than 3.5 million years ago, and a visit to Olduvai Gorge near Ngorongoro will reveal the fossils and other remains.
Popular National Parks and Game Reserves include:
Northern Tanzania -
• Lake Manyara National Park: Although it is Tanzania's smallest park, Lake Manyara is one of the most diverse reserves in the country. The beautiful Lake Manyara covers two thirds of the park, while the rest consists of steep mountainside, swamps, dense woodlands, open grassy areas and hot springs.
• Ngorongoro Crater: Ngorongoro crater is located west of the great rift valley which runs from the Red Sea to Lake Nyasa in southern Tanzania. Ngorongoro was an active volcano some eight million years ago, whose cone collapsed, leaving a crater. It is the largest unbroken caldera in the world, the second largest extinct crater in the world, and today shelters the most beautiful wildlife haven left on earth with a spectacular concentration of wildlife and stunning views.
• Serengeti National Park: The Serengeti National Park is as big as Northern Ireland, and the most popular wildlife sanctuary in the world. It has been a protected area since the 1940's, and was accorded national park status in 1951. In 1981, the Serengeti was inscribed onto the list of UNESCO world heritage sites. The park is fantastic in its natural beauty and unequalled in its scientific value. This vast expanse of land is known to contain about 4 million different types of animals.
• Tarangire National Park: Tarangire is situated on the south of large open grass plains of southern Masailand. The name Tarangire is derived from the Tarangire River which provides permanent water for wildlife.
• Arusha National Park: Arusha National Park is a relatively small park, covering an area of 52.9 square miles. Lying between the peaks of Kilimanjaro and Meru, Arusha National Park is an area of outstanding beauty.
Southern Tanzania -
• Selous Game Reserve: Selous contains the greatest concentration of big game left on earth. Selous Game Reserve is internationally famous for its animals. It has the world's largest number of big game: - elephant, buffalo, rhino, sable antelope, wild dogs, hippo and lion. There are over 400 species of birdlife which include: - fish eagle, secretary bird, kingfisher, sunbird, hornbill, bill stork and hammer kop.
The Great Migration - One of the most unique and remarkable scenes is the annual migration. Usually in May/June, thousands of wildebeest, giraffe, zebra, gazelle and buffalo migrate from the central plains westwards or northwards in search of water and pasture. As the herds move to new grazing ground, they are followed by predators such as lions, hyenas, jackels and hunting wild-dogs waiting for weak prey while vultures soar overhead waiting for their share of the kill. Best time for visiting is December - May when the animals are gathered on the short grass plains south of the park around Ndutu and Naabi Gate, dispersed and moving back and forth in search of water and fresh grass until the end of the long rains. Calving takes place in February/March, when 90% of female wildebeest give birth, flooding the plains with thousands of young ones. In May, when the plains begin to dry up, the wildebeest, together with other animals begin the long track westwards or northwards, once again. The migration involves between 500,000 - 1,000,000 animals out of the 4,000,000 found in Serengeti.
Professional and thoroughly planned itineraries are a very important part of the travel experience, and A&S Signature Journeys excels in these services by providing itineraries of the highest quality. Itineraries include memorable and meaningful adventures, unique and out of the ordinary experiences, comfortable accommodations and lots of opportunities to explore all the destinations A&S Signature Journeys has to offer! Itineraries can be planned for 2 days to 15 days or longer. There is a wide selection of itineraries which can be customized to suit each and every need and desire. Itineraries typically include airport meet and greets, accommodation, meals, transfers, charter/domestic flights, English-speaking guides, equipment use if necessary on excursions and entrance or activity fees that are part of the tour.