Check out some of the sample itineraries that A&S Signature Journeys has created which can be customized to suit every need and desire. Explore and discover what Sri Lanka has to offer and call today to start planning your tailor-made dream vacation. For more information on this exotic destination, see below.
"Ayubowan!" (May you have the gift of long life!), is the traditional greeting, and with this we welcome you to Sri Lanka - a land like no other.
This extraordinary beautiful island set in the Indian Ocean and off the south-eastern tip of India, has thousands of years of diverse culture. Still a predominantly Buddhist country, it also has strong Hindu, Christian, and Muslim communities. Sri Lanka is incredibly fertile and a great producer of many exotic fruits. With a strong cultural past that now offers over 7 UN World Heritage Sites, Sri Lanka was once one of the richest countries in Asia. In recent times it has not developed at the dramatic pace of its neighbors in the region which adds adding to its charm and character. The relative lack of development and gentle island pace make Sri Lanka the perfect destination for those looking for a relaxed yet varied, and stimulating holiday.
From miles of beautiful golden beaches, unbelievable endemic flora and fauna, (very endemic), amazing architecture, a as well as a vast amount array of historical &and religious sites, white water rafting, cycling, and many other adventures for the more active traveler awaits in this land of some of the and the friendliest of people on earth who will welcome you who carry with infectious smiles with them every day!
Sri Lanka’s idyllic landscape, rich mix of beauty and culture make it the ultimate holiday destination. This is the Garden of Eden, “the original paradise, so beautiful a land that was ever created." Many a traveler has been seduced by the Island’s tantalizing beauty which according to Mark Twain, were “Aall harmonious, all in perfect taste.” Sri Lanka’s archaeological treasures bear testimony to a civilization that spanned the golden age of Periclean Greece, the Roman Empire, Mayan citadels, and Napoleonic grandeur. The resultant legacy is a culture embellished by the more recent influences of Western colonizers, and Eastern traders, producing a mercurial mix of races and religions, arts and crafts, festivals and costumes that enchant the visitor with their exquisite variety.
One of the unique features that differentiates A&S Signature Journeys from others is their customizable guided tours to Sri Lanka. With 35 years of experience and an extensive and intimate knowledge of the country, they develop tailor-made tours to meet specific needs and exceed expectations while combining it with competitive pricing. With an appreciation that these exotic destinations are a once in a lifetime experience, they go above and beyond to ensure you have the best possible and most rewarding experience in Sri Lanka.
A&S Signature Journeys has long-standing professional partnerships in Sri Lanka and a strong commitment to support cultural and habitat preservation. Throughout your tour you will be accompanied by qualified English-speaking professional guides that have an intimate knowledge of the destination. With these commitments, A&S Signature Journeys will provide you with an exceptional tour filled with once in a lifetime experiences.
Sri Lanka's unique cuisine, her smiling and friendly people and unmatched hospitality makes it an idyllic getaway. Within this tiny island you experience golden sands and palm fringed beaches, lush and cool mist covered mountains carpeted with tea, ancient Buddhist shrines and temples, remnants of the ancient Sinhalese kingdoms including the magnificent rock fortress of Sigiriya and fauna and flora with endemic species exclusive to this island. This infinite variety makes Sri Lanka truly a land like no other and the Pearl of the Indian Ocean .
Some popular sites include:
• Sigiriya Rock Fortress - One of the 8 wonders of the world, this is a rare jewel among the many treasures in Sri Lanka. The famous Sigiriya frescoes dating back over 1500 years of the buxom, wasp-waisted maidens bearing flowers, amidst the wilderness and the ancient ruins are a fascinating site.sight
• Ritigal and Pindurangala Monasteries - The Ritigala Cave Complex comprises of about 708 caves. The architecture and the cave complex itself bear a certain mysterious nature due owing to the long meditational pathways that open into the thick jungle and large stone-lined reservoirs. The Pindurangala Monastery, which is located in close proximity to the wondrous wondrous Sigiriya Rock Fortress, was once a royal temple that sheltered about 500 monks, which flourished operating under the patronage of the medieval King Kashyapa - the ruler of Sigiriya.
• Dambulla Cave Temple - A complex that lies atop a massive hill on the edge of the town of Sigiriya is one of the eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Sri Lanka and is renowned for its unique sculptures and the largest mural paintings.
• Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic - Also known as the Kandy Temple, it is the temple where of the tooth relic of Lord Buddha is housed and is the pride of Buddhists in Sri Lanka. The palace temple stands surrounded by a moat, its golden roof gleaming in the sunlight as white-clad pilgrims bearing lotus blossoms throng to worship.
• Sinharaja Rain Forest Reserve - This rain forest is dense, dark and mysterious and is a picturesque rainforest environment ideal for meditation, relaxation and scientific exploration. Located at in the heart of the island’s wet-zone, it is the last standing rainforest on the isle and one of the few virgin rain forests that exists on earth.
• The many tTea factories - Tea of Sri Lanka, better known as “Ceylon tea”, has been world renowned for centuries for its quality and distinctive taste. The island’s tea production varies in taste, quality, character and appearance based on different elevations that the tea is its cultivated region.
Professional and thoroughly planned itineraries are a very important part of the travel experience, and A&S Signature Journeys excels in these services by providing itineraries of the highest quality. Itineraries include memorable and meaningful adventures, unique and out of the ordinary experiences, comfortable accommodations and lots of opportunities to explore all the destinations A&S Signature Journeys has to offer! Itineraries can be planned for 2 days to 15 days or longer. There is a wide selection of itineraries which can be customized to suit each and every need and desire. Itineraries typically include airport meet and greets, accommodation, meals, transfers, charter/domestic flights, English-speaking guides, equipment use if necessary on excursions and entrance or activity fees that are part of the tour.